We've moved!

Redirecting you to lublyou.com

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Decorating a cake for the 4th of July - fresh berries

summer berry cake
decorating cake for the 4th of july
the 4th of july cake
fresh berry cake
beautiful cake
4th of july recipes

Last year Ben and I made an ice cream Independence Day cake, and it was a challenge in hot Moscow weather. This time we decided to have a baked white cake with mousse and decorate it for the 4th of July with fresh seasonal red and blue berries. I feel more and more interested in actually decorating and styling food, I love the visual part of the cooking experience more now than I did, so it seems less important which exact recipe of cake to use.

I decorated our 4th of July cake with strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and dark chocolate covered açai berries. I wish I could find red currants and blackberries, as well, but the stores didn't have any. At the very end I used some dark chocolate to grate on top of this berry field. You can also imagine it being sprinkled with white powdered sugar - unfortunately, by the time I started taking the pictures, it melted on the fresh juicy berries, but I didn't really notice and didn't add a new layer. I think it looks glorious even without any powder.

Right after I got finished taking the photos, we heard roaring thunder and it started heavily raining. We called Ben's parents and invited them for an early 4th of July tea party. We ate the cake, looked through the art books we thrifted last weekend, listened to the rain outside and chatted about dreams, space shuttles and weekend plans.

9 comments:

Kate @ Another Clean Slate said...

Sounds like a great day. The cake looks so good- I love fresh berries!

Kelly said...

I agree, the fourth is perfect for fresh berries!

xx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

sweet harvest moon said...

How beautiful!

Matthew Spade said...

sounds like a good day and a brilliant cake

Unknown said...

Wow! Looks yummy :)

Floral Danielle said...

This looks so yummy! :)

floraldanielle.blogspot.co.uk
x

helen said...

that is a beautiful cake you made! it belongs in a display window :)

Hannah G. said...

impossibly beautiful!

Louise said...

Hello Chesnut Mocha,
I'm taking the freedom of leaving you a comment because I'm currently working on a fashion-related dissertation for my MSc. I'm doing a survey about the perception of young women towards today's fashion luxury brands, and if you, or any of your lovely reader, could take 5 mins and complete it, it would be of much much help :)
Here the link of my survey: https://fr.surveymonkey.com/s/2WNTNCY
Thank you very much!

Lou ♥
Ps: The cake pictures just made me soooo hungry haha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...